The Department’s academic staff and students are actively involved in the area of communication and the Media, advertising, culture and the arts by
- publishing newspapers, journals, and other experimental print or digital material,
- producing videos and short films,
- organising competitions for start-up entrepreneurship and social innovation,
- hosting a web radio (Spam web radio) and participating in radio programmes
- organising exhibitions in museums or cultural centres, music events, film screenings
Since 2002, the Department is a founding member of the Communication Institute together with the Department of Communication and Mass Media of the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, the Department of Journalism and Mass Media of the Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki and the Association of Advertising-Communication Corporations.
Since 2012, the Department and the Master’s Programme in “Cultural Management” participate in the European Network of Cultural Administration Training Centres (ENCATC).
Since 2015, the Cultural Informatics and Computational Cultural Studies Lab participates in the collaborative project gi-cluster of Corallia, which specialises in the creation of entertainment software.